On April 1, 2014, one minute past midnight, Base Hospitals can start directing prehospital personnel to transport patients potentially suffering from strokes to designated Stroke Centers. The following hospitals have been recognized as Riverside County designated Stroke Centers:
• Eisenhower Medical Center (ISC)
• Kaiser Permanente Hospital Riverside (PSC)
• Kaiser Moreno Valley Community Hospital (PSC)
• Riverside Community Hospital (PSC)
• Riverside County Regional Medical Center (SRH)
• Temecula Valley Hospital (SRH)
The above hospitals have been further identified as either: an Interventional Stroke Center (ISC), a Primary Stroke Center (PSC), or a Stroke Ready Hospital (SRH). Please refer to policy #5701 (Stroke Centers) and Policy #4503 (Suspected Stroke Treatment Protocol) for further information on the various types of Stroke Centers and the assessment and treatment of these patients.