Emergency Medical Technician:
- Written Exam
- Skills & Agility Exam
- Oral Interviews
- EMS Training Academy
Thank you for your interest in Mission Ambulance, Inc. By applying for a position with Mission Ambulance, you have just taken your first step towards finding the path to a satisfying career in EMS. Mission Ambulance is highly regarded throughout Southern California as being a forerunner in Courtesy, Compassion, and Commitment through professionalism and integrity.
A clear understanding of your background and work history will help us in placing you in the position that best meets your qualifications. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status or physical handicap.
- A complete application must be filled out and screened in order to continue on to the next phase of the hiring process. If you meet the minimum qualification standards you will be notified via email or by phone. Remember to check your spam folder to ensure our email was not spammed.Please allow a minimum of 3 business days to be contacted.Minimum Qualifications:
- CA Driver License
- CA Ambulance Driver Certificate (See Below)
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Healthcare Provider CPR Card
- State EMT Certification
- Orange County Accreditation Card (or within 2 weeks of employment)
(NOTE: Your National Registry EMT Card is not an EMT Certification. If you do not have an EMT Cert. you must contact your local CA EMS Agency to obtain one.)
- Upon successfully passing the initial application screening a Written Exam will be given on a scheduled date which will take about ½ an hour. A minimum of 80% must be achieved on the exam to continue in the hiring process.The test consists of multiple choice, true & false and fill in the blank questions. Areas covered on the test include BLS CPR, current Riverside County EMT Protocols, general EMT Scope of Practice and anatomy questions.
Riverside County EMS Protocols are available online at: www.rivcoems.org, click on “Documents” and then “Polices and Procedures.” Sections you are required to be knowledgeable include 3000, 4000, 5000 and 6000. You must also need to be able to distinguish between BLS, ALS and CCT level transports.
- Upon successfully passing the written exam, the Skills and Agility test will be given. These tests will consist of:
- Lifting a minimum of 150 lbs. on a gurney from a lowered position.
- Medical or Trauma scenario which includes but is not limited to: scene size up, assessment and treatment. The scenario has a time limit of 10 minutes and follow Riverside County EMT Protocols.
- Once you have passed the written, skills & agility exams you shall be placed in an interview pool. You shall remain in this pool until such time as we are actively hiring and will then be contacted for interviews.
- Interview #1 Panel Oral Interview shall be conducted with our Operations Team.
- Interview #2 Executive Level Interview conducted by C.O.O.
Upon successfully passing Mission’s Hiring Process, you will be informed and placed in a Hiring pool awaiting the next EMS Training Academy (Orientation). Prior to any offer of employment, we will need to receive photocopies of ALL current certifications you possess. Also, if there are any accidents listed on your DMV record, you must provide Mission Ambulance, Inc. with a copy of the accident report(s), whether or not the accident was your fault